Re: gererating hex-files with IAR

  • good_roots_in_germany
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
      Hello Christoph,
      Yes, you can do it. I use this methode already.
      Here is how to do it:
      Select Project > Options... (right click in Workspace on Project >
      Options... or Alt-F7) and an dialog appears.
      Select Linker in the tree-view and Output on the Tab-rider.
      In group "Output file" select Override default and enter a filename
      ending with hex like myprogram.hex
      in group "Format" select "other", on "Output format" select "intel-
      extended" and on "Format variant" select "none".
      You will find your hex file in the folder Output.

      I wish you much fun with ADuC and IAR.
      Guenther

      --- In ADuC_ARM@yahoogroups.com, "icebird137" <2mega@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > how can I generate ARMWSD-compatible hex-files with IAR
      EmbeddedWorkbench?

      > I'am using IAR Embedded Workbench, and normally download the code
      via
      > JTAG using J-Link. It's very nice and fast, but in one application I
      > have only a USB-Port, so I want to use the downloadtool ARMWSD from
      > AnalogDevices.
      >
      > Regands, Christoph

    • icebird137
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2007