gererating hex-files with IAR

  • icebird137
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2007
      Hi,

      how can I generate ARMWSD-compatible hex-files with IAR EmbeddedWorkbench?

      I'am using IAR Embedded Workbench, and normally download the code via
      JTAG using J-Link. It's very nice and fast, but in one application I
      have only a USB-Port, so I want to use the downloadtool ARMWSD from
      AnalogDevices.

      Regands, Christoph
    • good_roots_in_germany
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
        Hello Christoph,
        Yes, you can do it. I use this methode already.
        Here is how to do it:
        Select Project > Options... (right click in Workspace on Project >
        Options... or Alt-F7) and an dialog appears.
        Select Linker in the tree-view and Output on the Tab-rider.
        In group "Output file" select Override default and enter a filename
        ending with hex like myprogram.hex
        in group "Format" select "other", on "Output format" select "intel-
        extended" and on "Format variant" select "none".
        You will find your hex file in the folder Output.

        I wish you much fun with ADuC and IAR.
        Guenther

        --- In ADuC_ARM@yahoogroups.com, "icebird137" <2mega@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > how can I generate ARMWSD-compatible hex-files with IAR
        EmbeddedWorkbench?

        > I'am using IAR Embedded Workbench, and normally download the code
        via
        > JTAG using J-Link. It's very nice and fast, but in one application I
        > have only a USB-Port, so I want to use the downloadtool ARMWSD from
        > AnalogDevices.
        >
        > Regands, Christoph

      • icebird137
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2007