temperature sensor not working in ADUC7022

  • bombermountain
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 17, 2007
      Hi,

      Would anyone know anything about the temperature sensor not working in
      the ADUC7022. When I try to read the temperature sensor I just get
      zero.

      I see on analogs website (list of anomalies - link below) that the
      7022 had a silicon flaw (er011) that was reportedly fixed with silicon
      version I30 which is what I have.

      link to anomalies
      http://www.analog.com/UploadedFiles/Data_Sheets/ADUC7019_702XANOMALY.pd

      Thanks for any help
      Mike
    • good_roots_in_germany
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 25, 2007
        Hi Mike,
        I use ADuC7026 and the temprature sensor is okay.
        Regards
        Guenther

        --- In ADuC_ARM@yahoogroups.com, "bombermountain"
        <bombermountain@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Would anyone know anything about the temperature sensor not working
        in
        > the ADUC7022. When I try to read the temperature sensor I just get
        > zero.
        >
        > I see on analogs website (list of anomalies - link below) that the
        > 7022 had a silicon flaw (er011) that was reportedly fixed with
        silicon
        > version I30 which is what I have.
        >

        > link to anomalies

        http://www.analog.com/UploadedFiles/Data_Sheets/ADUC7019_702XANOMALY.p

        > Thanks for any help
        > Mike

      • christian.heidler
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2007
          I'm using ADuC7022 and I have no problems with the temperature
          sensor.

          Here is my code, I use an interrupt to get data:

          // --- configuration of ADC:
          ADCCP = 0x0010; // ADC channel for temperature sensor
          // ADC Config:
          // 0 - 2: Single Software Conversion (011)
          // 3 - 4: Conversion Mode Single ended (00)
          // 5: Power on (1)
          // 6: Enable Busy Pin on P0.5 (1)
          // 7: ADC not started(0)
          // 8 - 9: Aquisition Time 16 Clocks (11)
          // 10 - 12: ADC Clock Speed fADC/32 (101)
          // 13 - 15: reseved (000)
          ADCCON = 0x1763; // 25,3 µs ADC Busy time

          // --- Activate (and immediately deactivate) the ADC to
          // sample only once
          ADCCON |= 0x0080;
          ADCCON &= ~0x0080;

          // --- Interrupt service routine:
          while (!ADCSTA){}
          unsigned short m_wData = (unsigned short)(ADCDAT >> 16)); // get
          data

          // --- Convert data in temperature (°C)
          signed short m_nTemperature = (short)(625.0 - (m_wData * 0.469616));

          I hope that helps!

          --- In ADuC_ARM@yahoogroups.com, "good_roots_in_germany"