Re: ADuC7xxx.h files

  • icebird137
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 8, 2007
      Re: ADuC7xxx.h files

      Hi,

      now I am able to debug via JTAG + OpenOCD + ARM-USB-OCD. If someone is
      interested I can send the configs. But sometimes it doesn't worke, and
      I still want to flash with JTAG directly, because it is a little
      long-winded to flash via serial bootloader, so I am thinking about
      another Tool to flash and debug:

      Some of you are using the software from IAR.
      Does someone uses the J-Link adapter from Segger together with the IAR
      software EWARM (IAR Embedded Workbench 32KB kick start version)?

      How is the editor, is it user-friendly?
      Is it enough to get the J-Link adapter and the J-Flash software form
      segger to write and debug in flash?

      Regands,
      Christoph
    • good_roots_in_germany
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 14, 2007
        Hi Chris,
        the IAR Editor is a context sensitive editor. Very similar to MS-C++
        V4.5. You can select font and color for different cases like string
        literal, comments, C++ keywords and so on. It is liked to help and
        error report.
        It does not contain XML-document support or suggestion list like MS-
        Visual Studio V8.
        I rate is as excelent in comparison to other embedded development
        environments but standard related to Windows environments.

        Just by the way, the 32k boundary was not a problem to me. My max
        size was 18k.

        Regards
        Guenther

        --- In ADuC_ARM@yahoogroups.com, "icebird137" <2mega@...> wrote:

        > Re: ADuC7xxx.h files
        >
        > Hi,
        >
        > now I am able to debug via JTAG + OpenOCD + ARM-USB-OCD. If someone
        is
        > interested I can send the configs. But sometimes it doesn't worke,
        and
        > I still want to flash with JTAG directly, because it is a little
        > long-winded to flash via serial bootloader, so I am thinking about
        > another Tool to flash and debug:
        >
        > Some of you are using the software from IAR.
        > Does someone uses the J-Link adapter from Segger together with the
        IAR
        > software EWARM (IAR Embedded Workbench 32KB kick start version)?
        >
        > How is the editor, is it user-friendly?
        > Is it enough to get the J-Link adapter and the J-Flash software form
        > segger to write and debug in flash?
        >
        > Regands,
        > Christoph

      • icebird137
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 16, 2007
          --- In ADuC_ARM@yahoogroups.com, "good_roots_in_germany"
          <klenner_consulting@...> wrote:

          > Hi Chris,
          > the IAR Editor is a context sensitive editor. Very similar to MS-C++
          > V4.5. You can select font and color for different cases like string
          > literal, comments, C++ keywords and so on. It is liked to help and
          > error report.
          > It does not contain XML-document support or suggestion list like MS-
          > Visual Studio V8.
          > I rate is as excelent in comparison to other embedded development
          > environments but standard related to Windows environments.
          >
          > Just by the way, the 32k boundary was not a problem to me. My max
          > size was 18k.
          >
          > Regards
          > Guenther

          Thany you very much.

          Chris
        • lau_l99
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 30, 2007
            Hi all,

            Im new to this forum and having a bit of a crack at setting
            up openocd for a ADuC7029.
            I would like to take a look at your openocd configs for the aduc
            if you wouldn't mind.

            Or, if anyone else has had some success with openocd and wouldn't
            mind posting their config, I would appreciate it.

            Thanks!
            Laurence