Re: ADuC7xxx.h files

  • icebird137
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 18, 2006
      Hello Guenther,

      thank you for your help.
      I had a break for a while in programing. I'll test the IAR software.
      Thanks for the TRACE files.

      Chris
    • icebird137
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 8, 2007
        Re: ADuC7xxx.h files

        Hi,

        now I am able to debug via JTAG + OpenOCD + ARM-USB-OCD. If someone is
        interested I can send the configs. But sometimes it doesn't worke, and
        I still want to flash with JTAG directly, because it is a little
        long-winded to flash via serial bootloader, so I am thinking about
        another Tool to flash and debug:

        Some of you are using the software from IAR.
        Does someone uses the J-Link adapter from Segger together with the IAR
        software EWARM (IAR Embedded Workbench 32KB kick start version)?

        How is the editor, is it user-friendly?
        Is it enough to get the J-Link adapter and the J-Flash software form
        segger to write and debug in flash?

        Regands,
        Christoph
      • good_roots_in_germany
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 14, 2007
          Hi Chris,
          the IAR Editor is a context sensitive editor. Very similar to MS-C++
          V4.5. You can select font and color for different cases like string
          literal, comments, C++ keywords and so on. It is liked to help and
          error report.
          It does not contain XML-document support or suggestion list like MS-
          Visual Studio V8.
          I rate is as excelent in comparison to other embedded development
          environments but standard related to Windows environments.

          Just by the way, the 32k boundary was not a problem to me. My max
          size was 18k.

          Regards
          Guenther

          --- In ADuC_ARM@yahoogroups.com, "icebird137" <2mega@...> wrote:

          > Re: ADuC7xxx.h files
          >
          > Hi,
          >
          > now I am able to debug via JTAG + OpenOCD + ARM-USB-OCD. If someone
          is
          > interested I can send the configs. But sometimes it doesn't worke,
          and
          > I still want to flash with JTAG directly, because it is a little
          > long-winded to flash via serial bootloader, so I am thinking about
          > another Tool to flash and debug:
          >
          > Some of you are using the software from IAR.
          > Does someone uses the J-Link adapter from Segger together with the
          IAR
          > software EWARM (IAR Embedded Workbench 32KB kick start version)?
          >
          > How is the editor, is it user-friendly?
          > Is it enough to get the J-Link adapter and the J-Flash software form
          > segger to write and debug in flash?
          >
          > Regands,
          > Christoph

        • icebird137
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 16, 2007
            --- In ADuC_ARM@yahoogroups.com, "good_roots_in_germany"
            <klenner_consulting@...> wrote:

            > Hi Chris,
            > the IAR Editor is a context sensitive editor. Very similar to MS-C++
            > V4.5. You can select font and color for different cases like string
            > literal, comments, C++ keywords and so on. It is liked to help and
            > error report.
            > It does not contain XML-document support or suggestion list like MS-
            > Visual Studio V8.
            > I rate is as excelent in comparison to other embedded development
            > environments but standard related to Windows environments.
            >
            > Just by the way, the 32k boundary was not a problem to me. My max
            > size was 18k.
            >
            > Regards
            > Guenther

            Thany you very much.

            Chris
          • lau_l99
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 30 9:08 PM
              Hi all,

              Im new to this forum and having a bit of a crack at setting
              up openocd for a ADuC7029.
              I would like to take a look at your openocd configs for the aduc
              if you wouldn't mind.

              Or, if anyone else has had some success with openocd and wouldn't
              mind posting their config, I would appreciate it.

              Thanks!
              Laurence