ADuC7xxx.h files

  • icebird137
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 5 1:44 AM
      Hello,
      I am total new in ARMs.
      I have the ADuC-P7026 development board from olimex with the
      ARM-USB-OCD cable, and installed Eclipse with OpenOCD and the FT2232
      USB driver on a WinXP system.

      Now I try to wrinte my first program and flash/debug it via JTAG, but
      I think I need the header file of the Controller (and the right
      settings in Eclipse)
      Where can I get the ADuC7026.h file?

      Or should I start to program via serial port. (gcc+cygwin)

      Chris
    • Steve Franks
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 6 2:50 PM
        I reccommend a google search for WinARM - that package makes it pretty painless, and comes with some ADuC7026 examples...

        Steve

        --
        Steve Franks, KE7BTE
        Staff Engineer
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 7 5:39 AM
          --- "Steve Franks" wrote:
          > I reccommend a google search for WinARM - that package makes it pretty
          > painless, and comes with some ADuC7026 examples...
          >
          > Steve

          Hi Steve,

          thank you. I tried WinARM, but it didn't work.
          But I found the problem: I used the wrong USB driver.
          With the driver from www.ftdiChip.com/drivers/vcp.htm it works,
          if you connect the development board direct via USB (it has an USB
          port) and not use the ARM-USB-OCD cable.
          I also didn't pressed the right buttons to get into boot mode. (SD+RST)

          Now I am trying to program it via JTAG + ARM-USB-OCD
          Any suggestions for that? Or is it not possible?
          I am trying with yargato but I think my configs are tatally wrong.
          Does someone has an config file for OpenOCD for ADuC7026?

          Christoph
        • Steve Franks
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 8 4:19 PM
            Only debuggers I've used are the wiggler clones and the iar/segger jlink.  The jlink has it's own gdb driver/host, and the wiggler uses Rowley's free driver/host.

            best,
            Steve

            On 12/7/06, icebird137 <2mega@...> wrote:

            --- "Steve Franks" wrote:
            > I reccommend a google search for WinARM - that package makes it pretty
            > painless, and comes with some ADuC7026 examples...
            >
            > Steve

            Hi Steve,

            thank you. I tried WinARM, but it didn't work.
            But I found the problem: I used the wrong USB driver.
            With the driver from www.ftdiChip.com/drivers/vcp.htm it works,
            if you connect the development board direct via USB (it has an USB
            port) and not use the ARM-USB-OCD cable.
            I also didn't pressed the right buttons to get into boot mode. (SD+RST)

            Now I am trying to program it via JTAG + ARM-USB-OCD
            Any suggestions for that? Or is it not possible?
            I am trying with yargato but I think my configs are tatally wrong.
            Does someone has an config file for OpenOCD for ADuC7026?

            Christoph

            --
            Steve Franks, KE7BTE
            Staff Engineer
            La Palma Devices, LLC
            http://www.lapalmadevices.com
            (520) 312-0089
          • good_roots_in_germany
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 13 12:26 AM
              Hello Chris,
              I use the same board as you. My development environment is from IAR
              (free of charge version). My setup delivers ".hex" files which I
              download via USB with the serial download program from Analog. It works
              fine up to 38.4 kbps. At 115kbps I had some dropouts.

              For debug purpose I use TRACE outputs on the serial port. If you want
              you find the library unser "Files" in this forum.

              I wish you all the best with this nice development board.
              Regards
              Guenther

              --- In ADuC_ARM@yahoogroups.com, "icebird137" <2mega@...> wrote:

              > Hello,
              > I am total new in ARMs.
              > I have the ADuC-P7026 development board from olimex with the
              > ARM-USB-OCD cable, and installed Eclipse with OpenOCD and the FT2232
              > USB driver on a WinXP system.
              >
              > Now I try to wrinte my first program and flash/debug it via JTAG, but
              > I think I need the header file of the Controller (and the right
              > settings in Eclipse)
              > Where can I get the ADuC7026.h file?
              >
              > Or should I start to program via serial port. (gcc+cygwin)
              >
              > Chris

            • icebird137
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 18 8:29 AM
                Hello Guenther,

                thank you for your help.
                I had a break for a while in programing. I'll test the IAR software.
                Thanks for the TRACE files.

                Chris
              • icebird137
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 8, 2007
                  Re: ADuC7xxx.h files

                  Hi,

                  now I am able to debug via JTAG + OpenOCD + ARM-USB-OCD. If someone is
                  interested I can send the configs. But sometimes it doesn't worke, and
                  I still want to flash with JTAG directly, because it is a little
                  long-winded to flash via serial bootloader, so I am thinking about
                  another Tool to flash and debug:

                  Some of you are using the software from IAR.
                  Does someone uses the J-Link adapter from Segger together with the IAR
                  software EWARM (IAR Embedded Workbench 32KB kick start version)?

                  How is the editor, is it user-friendly?
                  Is it enough to get the J-Link adapter and the J-Flash software form
                  segger to write and debug in flash?

                  Regands,
                  Christoph
                • good_roots_in_germany
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 14, 2007
                    Hi Chris,
                    the IAR Editor is a context sensitive editor. Very similar to MS-C++
                    V4.5. You can select font and color for different cases like string
                    literal, comments, C++ keywords and so on. It is liked to help and
                    error report.
                    It does not contain XML-document support or suggestion list like MS-
                    Visual Studio V8.
                    I rate is as excelent in comparison to other embedded development
                    environments but standard related to Windows environments.

                    Just by the way, the 32k boundary was not a problem to me. My max
                    size was 18k.

                    Regards
                    Guenther

                    --- In ADuC_ARM@yahoogroups.com, "icebird137" <2mega@...> wrote:

                    > Re: ADuC7xxx.h files
                    >
                    > Hi,
                    >
                    > now I am able to debug via JTAG + OpenOCD + ARM-USB-OCD. If someone
                    is
                    > interested I can send the configs. But sometimes it doesn't worke,
                    and
                    > I still want to flash with JTAG directly, because it is a little
                    > long-winded to flash via serial bootloader, so I am thinking about
                    > another Tool to flash and debug:
                    >
                    > Some of you are using the software from IAR.
                    > Does someone uses the J-Link adapter from Segger together with the
                    IAR
                    > software EWARM (IAR Embedded Workbench 32KB kick start version)?
                    >
                    > How is the editor, is it user-friendly?
                    > Is it enough to get the J-Link adapter and the J-Flash software form
                    > segger to write and debug in flash?
                    >
                    > Regands,
                    > Christoph

                  • icebird137
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 16, 2007
                      --- In ADuC_ARM@yahoogroups.com, "good_roots_in_germany"
                      <klenner_consulting@...> wrote:

                      > Hi Chris,
                      > the IAR Editor is a context sensitive editor. Very similar to MS-C++
                      > V4.5. You can select font and color for different cases like string
                      > literal, comments, C++ keywords and so on. It is liked to help and
                      > error report.
                      > It does not contain XML-document support or suggestion list like MS-
                      > Visual Studio V8.
                      > I rate is as excelent in comparison to other embedded development
                      > environments but standard related to Windows environments.
                      >
                      > Just by the way, the 32k boundary was not a problem to me. My max
                      > size was 18k.
                      >
                      > Regards
                      > Guenther

                      Thany you very much.

                      Chris
                    • lau_l99
                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 30, 2007
                        Hi all,

                        Im new to this forum and having a bit of a crack at setting
                        up openocd for a ADuC7029.
                        I would like to take a look at your openocd configs for the aduc
                        if you wouldn't mind.

                        Or, if anyone else has had some success with openocd and wouldn't
                        mind posting their config, I would appreciate it.

                        Thanks!
                        Laurence