82Re: ADuC7030 Internal Clock

  • Rick Collins
    Aug 16, 2006
      To quote the data sheet electrical specs,
      "TA = 40°C to 125°C, unless otherwise noted."

      This spec has no indication that it is not over the full temp range,
      so I would say 3% is the number to use. That should be good enough
      for async comms use if the other end is also within that spec. But
      this is pushing it to the max.

      --- In ADuC_ARM@yahoogroups.com, "good_roots_in_germany"
      <klenner_consulting@...> wrote:

      > Hi Earl,
      > The specification of ADuC7030 is not yet released. Are you sure that
      > you do not target ADuC7020?
      >
      > Analog specifies the internal oscilator with 3% tolerance and a
      > temperature range of -40C to +125C.
      >
      > I guess the drift will be within this above mentioned tolerance range
      > due to oscilator and PLL restrictions.
      >
      > Regards
      > Guenther
      >
      > --- In ADuC_ARM@yahoogroups.com, "Pomarijos, Earl Randy"
      > <EPomarijos@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Hi everyone,
      > >
      > > Can somebody help me with this one.
      > > Currently, we are using in our project the ADuC7030 with an external
      > > oscillator.
      > > We are planning to remove the external oscillator and using its
      > internal
      > > oscillator instead.
      > >
      > > Is there any drift in using this idea? I mean, how accurate would
      > it be?
      > >
      > > The application is for automotive battery monitoring.
      > > This means that the device would be subject to high or low
      > temperatures,
      > >
      > > As well as the drifts for its voltage supply.
      > > In this case, can we still rely on the accuracy of the internal
      > > oscillator?
      > >
      > > Can somebody also send me some documents that maybe useful in my
      > > inquiries here.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic