Novell / eDirectory Information with .NET

  • scotcurry
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2003
      I am trying to get user information from a Novell eDirectory 8.7
      server. I am able to get certain information, but am unable to
      obtain the users GUID, which is important to my application.

      Does anyone know any tricks to obtaining this information. Thanks
      in advance.

      Scot Curry
    • m_scheuner
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2003
        > I am trying to get user information from a Novell eDirectory 8.7
        > server. I am able to get certain information, but am unable to
        > obtain the users GUID, which is important to my application.

        Most likely, you're just not referring to the "right" attribute -
        Novell and Microsoft AD differ a bit on certain things.

        You might want to download my ADSI Browser (from this
        group's "Files" section, or from http://www.lupus.ch/adsi/ - it
        should allow you to connect to Novell, and see exactly what
        attributes your various objects have, and what their exact attribute
        name (to be used in the "Properties[attrname]") is.

        Marc
      • scotcurry
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2003
          Thank you for the suggestion, but I am going to need a bit of
          guidance with your app. It is working fantastically with my AD
          Server (very nice).

          I'm not really sure how to use it with my eDirectory. My test
          connection script is:

          Set objeDir = GetObject("LDAP://NovServer/CN=Admin,O=Curry")
          WScript.Echo objeDir.Name

          This gives me the standard dialog box with CN=Admin.

          I am not really sure how to add this server to your tool. When I
          add a Domain, I get a new Active Directory Forest <unavailable>.

          Thanks again for your help.
          Sincerely,
          Scot Curry

          --- In ADSIANDDirectoryServices@yahoogroups.com, "m_scheuner"