Re: [ADSI-DirSrv] How to get special local password policy's value?

  • florian@frickelsoft.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28, 2010
      Howdie!

      Quoting kevon <kevonz@...>:

      > I want to get following policies local setting value using C# language.
      > 1) MinimumPasswordLength (password policy)
      > 2) PasswordHistorySize (password policy)
      > 3) MaximumPasswordAge (password policy)
      > 4) MinimumPasswordAge (password policy)

      Those four can easily be retrieved by querying the rootDSE for the
      corresponding attributes. Here's a cool howto I've found:
      http://en.csharp-online.net/User_Management_with_Active_Directory%E2%80%94Determining_Domain-Wide_Account_Policies

      > 4) Rename administrator account (security options policy)
      > 5) Rename guest account (security options policy)

      Those won't be as easy. They aren't domain-wide as you can define that
      setting on every level (OU, domain, local, ...) -- finding the correct
      setting/value pair depends on the target machine you are focussing.

      Cheers,
      Florian