How to get special local password policy's value?

  • kevon
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 27, 2010
      I want to get following policies local setting value using C# language.
      1) MinimumPasswordLength (password policy)
      2) PasswordHistorySize (password policy)
      3) MaximumPasswordAge (password policy)
      4) MinimumPasswordAge (password policy)
      4) Rename administrator account (security options policy)
      5) Rename guest account (security options policy)
      Can anybody give me a hand?
      Thanks!
    • florian@frickelsoft.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 28, 2010
        Howdie!

        Quoting kevon <kevonz@...>:

        > I want to get following policies local setting value using C# language.
        > 1) MinimumPasswordLength (password policy)
        > 2) PasswordHistorySize (password policy)
        > 3) MaximumPasswordAge (password policy)
        > 4) MinimumPasswordAge (password policy)

        Those four can easily be retrieved by querying the rootDSE for the
        corresponding attributes. Here's a cool howto I've found:
        http://en.csharp-online.net/User_Management_with_Active_Directory%E2%80%94Determining_Domain-Wide_Account_Policies

        > 4) Rename administrator account (security options policy)
        > 5) Rename guest account (security options policy)

        Those won't be as easy. They aren't domain-wide as you can define that
        setting on every level (OU, domain, local, ...) -- finding the correct
        setting/value pair depends on the target machine you are focussing.

        Cheers,
        Florian