  • Richard Kline
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2008
      So I pull these workstation lastlogon dates from the domain controllers
      (thank you, Joe and Ryan, for The Book) and 95% plus report valid dates.
      That's fine!

      Some return blank - computer accounts for machines which never logged into
      the domain or attached to a now defunct domain controller, I reckon. Sounds
      good.

      But why does the date 12/31/1600 come up? Not just for defunct machines but
      for some current and vital file and Exchange servers ?

      Any thoughts?

      Thank you.

    • Michael B. Smith
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 7, 2008
        That is a all-zeroes timestamp (i.e., the "beginning of time").

        Regards,

        Michael B. Smith

        MCSE/Exchange MVP

        http://TheEssentialExchange.com