Re: [ADSI-DirSrv] Re: Associate workstation and user last login?

  • Matthew Holland
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 28, 2007
      Hi les,

      There are a few tools and options that can help you here (logon/off scripts
      etc). But this data is not natively stored in AD as Marc mentioned. Limit
      logon is one tool that can help you out but only proactively. Last I heard
      its not totally supported by PSS and believe it relies on an app partition
      created with in your AD to store the data.

      http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/d/0/fd05def7-68a1-4f71-8546-25c359cc0842/limitlogin.exe<https://msmvps.com/blogs/richardwu/archive/2006/09/04/Microsoft-has-relased-LimitLogon-v1.0_2E00_.aspx>

      If its a proactive approach you are after then this may could answer your
      question.

      Otherwise will you have to rely on other sources like event logs on the
      DC's, but this depends on the level of auditing you have and the amount of
      time passed etc. Otherwise you would have to use some other tools to
      enumate each workstation and enum the profiles / logons which is mostly
      impractical (and also depends alot on the configuration and size of your
      environment).

      Cheers,

      Matty