Web Services and Active Directory

  • derostz
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2006
      I am trying to create an Infopath form to autopopulate via a web serice
      that exposes AD objects. I there a way to get more than a single
      string from a web service? I have gotten most of the code to work with
      system.directoryserices.
      Thanks,
      Tom
    • Greg Nims
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2006
        > I am trying to create an Infopath form to autopopulate via a web serice
        > that exposes AD objects. I there a way to get more than a single
        > string from a web service? I have gotten most of the code to work with
        > system.directoryserices.
        > Thanks,
        > Tom

        You can return complex object types from web services, which could easily
        return more than a single string. You could also just return an array of
        strings.

        This question is more appropriate for a web services discussion group, and
        you're more likely to get a response there.
      • Timothy P Macaulay
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2006
          You may try microsoft.public.webservices.

          Greg Nims <greg@...> wrote:
          > I am trying to create an Infopath form to autopopulate via a web serice
          > that exposes AD objects. I there a way to get more than a single
          > string from a web service? I have gotten most of the code to work with
          > system.directoryserices.
          > Thanks,
          > Tom

          You can return complex object types from web services, which could easily
          return more than a single string. You could also just return an array of
          strings.

          This question is more appropriate for a web services discussion group, and
          you're more likely to get a response there.

          Basic programming language C programming language Computer programming languages Programming languages C++ programming language Software programming language

          Cheers,
          Tim
          MCSD, MCSD.NET, MCAD, MCP
          Yahoo: mact312