Re: [ADSI-DirSrv] ASDI and Single Sign-on for ASP.Net

  • Timothy P Macaulay
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2006
      I agree with Joe. In ASP.NET you will need to add a tag to the Web.Config file. <identity impersonate="true"/>. If you do not add this tag, then you will notice that it will pull the NETWORK SERVICE as the user. If you add this tag, you will receive the UserName.

      Joe Kaplan <joe@...> wrote:
      Can you just switch you app to use Windows Integrated authentication in IIS
      and switch ASP.NET to Windows? That's the best way to go.

      Why would you need a fall-back to forms authentication if your users can use
      IWA?

      If you absolutely need to do that, you might want to do a search for some of
      the hybrid Windows/Forms auth solutions that people have built. It isn't a
      supported configuration, but apparently you can do it.

      This isn't really an ADSI question so much as an ASP.NET question though.

      Joe K.