problem with date time fields

  • p
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2003
      Hi,

      I use the following openquery to get info in AD from MS SQL Server.
      The strange thing is that the wehnCreated and whenChanged
      fields always return with a time 8 and 7 hours more than they are
      in the AD. What could be wrong? It seems to me that MS SQL server
      has a bug in ADSI link for the conversion.

      select sAMAccountName ,whenCreated, whenChanged,
      from openquery(ADSI,
      'select sAMAccountName,whenCreated, whenChanged
      from ''LDAP://domainController_name/DC=xxxx,DC=com''
      where objectClass = ''User''')

      Any info on this will be appreciated.
      -Phil Tsao
    • Charles Oppermann
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2003
        Time zone issue?

        -Charles

        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2003
          Charles,

          The domain controller and the sql server are next to each other in
          the same server room and both set to pacific time zone.
          What time zone issue could this be?
          Thanks,
          -Phil

          --- In ADSIANDDirectoryServices@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Oppermann"
          <charles@c...> wrote:
          > Time zone issue?
          >
          > -Charles

        • Charles Oppermann
          Message 4 of 6 , May 1, 2003
            I was thinking that if it's 7 or 8 hours off, then maybe it's being
            presented in UTC and you're in the Pacific time zone (+8 hours PST, +7 PDT).

            <charles@c...> wrote:
            > Time zone issue?
            >
            > -Charles

          • p
            Message 5 of 6 , May 1, 2003
              Thanks, Charles.
              Do you know that if it's the case that the openquery in SQL Server
              always reurns UTC?
              <charles@c...> wrote:
              > I was thinking that if it's 7 or 8 hours off, then maybe it's being
              > presented in UTC and you're in the Pacific time zone (+8 hours PST,
              +7 PDT).

              > -Charles

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            • m_scheuner
              Message 6 of 6 , May 13, 2003
                > Do you know that if it's the case that the openquery
                > in SQL Server always reurns UTC?

                No, it's the other way around - the date/time fields in Active
                Directory are always stored in UTC.

                Marc