SP3 Fixes Bug
- Just had a hard time with this, so I figured I would post it because
it might save someone some headaches...
Win2k SP3 apparently fixes a bug that caused problems when trying to
read schema info from 3rd party LDAP's like IPlanet or Secureway...
Our ADSI code has been working for a year, so we never knew there
really was a bug... When we ran SP3 our ADSI code broke...
So, after a call to Microsoft we figured out that our code was kind
of a work-around for the original bug that we didn't even know
existed. So when it was fixed in SP3, our code broke.
The guys at MS gave me this:
which mentions the bug, and says upgrade the SP to fix it.
It was a pretty frustrating day, but we got it working again and I
figured I would post this to save folks from the same headaches. If
your ADSI code breaks after the SP3 install you know why now.