SP3 Fixes Bug

  • Chris Taylor <webmaster@aspmatrix.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2003
      Just had a hard time with this, so I figured I would post it because
      it might save someone some headaches...

      Win2k SP3 apparently fixes a bug that caused problems when trying to
      read schema info from 3rd party LDAP's like IPlanet or Secureway...

      Our ADSI code has been working for a year, so we never knew there
      really was a bug... When we ran SP3 our ADSI code broke...

      So, after a call to Microsoft we figured out that our code was kind
      of a work-around for the original bug that we didn't even know
      existed. So when it was fixed in SP3, our code broke.

      The guys at MS gave me this:
      http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311512
      which mentions the bug, and says upgrade the SP to fix it.

      It was a pretty frustrating day, but we got it working again and I
      figured I would post this to save folks from the same headaches. If
      your ADSI code breaks after the SP3 install you know why now.

      Chris