RE: [AAArch] White Slaves and African Masters

  • Jaime Andres Pretell
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2006
      Yeah, two factors that were similar in both Latin American slavery and North
      Africa were the level of attrition. Most slaves died and did not reproduce,
      so new slaves had to be imported. In English colonies reproduction was a
      bigger norm. It is one of the reasons why the stats of how many slaves were
      taken to Brazil compared to the USA and the relative population expansion
      from those slaves do not match.