fund-raising request for Fu-Kiau, an exceptional scholar

  • ccfennell
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 21, 2011
      Dear Colleagues,

      Prof. Kimbwandende Kia Bunseki Fu-Kiau has provided exceptional scholarship on the history and cultures of the Kongo region and its people, including books such as "African Cosmology of the Bantu-Kongo" (Athelia Henrietta Press/Orunmila, 2001), "Simbi-Simbi: Hold Up That Which Holds You Up" (Dorrance Publishing, 2007), and "Mbongi: An African Traditional Political Institution" (Afrikan Djeli Publishers, 2007). Dr. Fu-Kiau is now experiencing considerable health problems and related expenses. Prof. Kenneth B. Nunn of the University of Florida's College of Law has established a fund-raising portal to help out with these challenges. You can contribute online through a pay-pal interface at http://www.kapipal.com/fu-kiau, or if you prefer to send a contribution by check, please mail it to Kenneth Nunn, P.O. Box 357041, Gainesville, FL 32635.

      From Prof. Nunn's Kapipal page -- Fu-Kiau "has lectured on African concepts of reality and African spiritual practices throughout Africa, Europe, the United States, the Caribbean and South America. He is one of the great elders of the African family and a true gift to humanity. Currently, Dr. Fu-Kiau is facing a serious health challenge. After several months in the hospital, he is now convalescing in a Boston nursing home. He owes thousands of dollars in medical and other bills generated while he was in the hospital. There is also an urgent need to help pay transportation expenses to allow his family and friends to get to Boston and provide the kind of loving and supportive care he needs at this critical time."

      Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

      Best wishes,
      Chris

      Christopher C. Fennell
      Editor, Journal of African Diaspora Archaeology and Heritage
      Associate Professor, Director of Graduate Studies, and Associate Head
      Department of Anthropology, University of Illinois
      109 Davenport Hall, MC-148, 607 S. Mathews Ave., Urbana, IL 61801
      Journal Web: lcoastpress.com/journal.php?id=15
      Faculty profile: www.anthro.illinois.edu/faculty/cfennell/
    • Heather MacLeod-Leslie
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 22, 2011

        Hi Chris,

        The link does not work for me.

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 22, 2011
          This listserv email program often catches punctuation at the end of the URL when creating hyperlinks. Look for that in the address field in your browser, delete it, and hit return to reload.