Meeting 1pm Thurs Sept 4

  • islandperkbelize
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2008
      Friends and Neighbors,
      There will be a meeting of Verde this Thursday 1pm at Island Perk. On
      the agenda is our first project, the traffic divider by Banyan Bay. We
      will discuss plant choices, plant donations and a work party. Is there
      any parents out there that would like to help spearhead a school yard
      garden at their childrens school? We can discuss this as well.

      Things I learned from my last meeting...
      -Old pallets can be re-used to make compost bins. Just wire them
      together for the outside structure. The gaps in the pallets let the
      air through for the compost.
      -Neem oil can be sprayed on plants to stop iguanas. It has to be
      reapplied after it rains, but this is a great alternative to killing
      the animals. This is available in Belize City at Prossers.
      -Crab holes- marbles can be dropped down them, cover the hole and the
      crab dies.

      I look forward to seeing everyone and sharing our experiences in the
      garden.
      Coleen