Stop the US-Peru Free Trade Agreement

  • Stefanie Collins
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2007
      Dear All,

      Please take a moment to write your elected officials in Congress to ask that they oppose the US-Peru Free Trade Agreement.

      It is true that labor, environmental, and access to medicines amendments to the Peru FTA represent some improvement over previous trade deals. However, some major problems with the NAFTA/CAFTA model remain unchanged in the Peru Free Trade Agreement. These include but are not limited to: investment rules that give foreign investors greater rights than US investors; bans on anti-off-shoring and Buy American policies for government procurement; and language that forces the US to import food that does not meet our health and safety standards.

      I took action on this matter and hope you will as well. It's easy: just follow the link below. But please do it soon! A final vote in the House of Representatives is planned for the week of November 5, with the Senate soon to follow.

      Thank you.

      Take Action: www.citizenstrade.org/stopperu.php