PAW PROJECT

  • Shelley
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2010

    Please join us for the upcoming block walks for the Pet Assistance and Welfare Project.  The dates for February are the 6th & 20th. We will be meeting at 9am at Animal Care Services.  We should finish around noon.

    I’d like to get an accurate count of how many volunteers will participate, so we can plan better.  Please RSVP!

    Shelley Lewis

      210-543-1254

    Hi ,

     In case you aren’t familiar with the paw project, it is a grass roots program where we go out into neighborhoods to educate people about the importance of S/N and taking care of their pets.  We hand out goodie bags, treats, collars, tags, etc.  I have attached a copy of the book we distribute.

    We need a large group to really make an impact.  I am looking for 20-25 people that can help out for a few hours this coming Saturday.  We will meet in the community building at ACS at 9am.  There will be a safety briefing and short overview, then we will split into groups and go to a neighborhood that ACS has identified as having a high stray population.

    T-shirts will be available for a nominal cost or you can borrow one.

    The number of people that show up will determine how long we will be out.  It is usually 2-3 hours total, so plan to finish between noon and 1pm at the latest.

    Shelley Lewis