Re: [ACSHeroes] Re: Parvo in the community - No Dog Walking

  • ymartinez1980@aim.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 4, 2009
      Thank you Melissa for the information. I appreciate it. I will patiently wait to walk the dogs. :-\

      Yoli

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 5, 2009
        Someone is interested in seeing one of the ACS dogs on-line but I noticed that the ACS web-site does not have all the dogs' photos.  Does anyone know if more information can be found about the dog if they're not included in the photos?  The dog doesn't have a name--only an ID #.
        She's a 2 year old black/chocolate female lab who's scheduled to be "released" tomorrow and no one has officially shown interest in her so she may be put down.  Her ID#AO94275.

        Cheryl

        ACS recently took in several pets that were critically ill due to the Parvo virus. Normally Parvo attacks the very young puppies and the older dogs, however what makes this so bad this time (we often see Parvo 1-2X yr) is that it is effecting adult dogs, which are healthy, but most likely not vaccinated.

        This very serious disease is highly contagious and given our community's low vaccination rate, we will likely see more Parvo positive pets coming in.

        I am new to posting and will try to attach a flyer that you may find informative. In addition... there is more detailed info I can provide, but do not have it handy here at home.

        While you are here at the facility, please report ALL dogs with loose stool or vomiting to the veterinary staff and use hand sanitizer each time after handling any animal.

        And, if you are here, it is advisable that all family pets you have at home be current on all vaccinations.
        Have a great night and thanks for asking. I hope I helped.
        Melissa

        --- In ACSHeroes@yahoogrou ps.com, ymartinez1980@ ... wrote:

        > What gets done to see if Parvo is on the ACS grounds? How is it tested to find out if it is safer?...... sorry!!

      • Marcia
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 5, 2009

          Cheryl:

          Go to www.petharbor.com     On the left place your zip code then scroll down and click on ID Search by placing the ID number in the space offered.  The dog's picture came up when I placed it in the space.  Maybe you can inquire with one of the adoption counselors as to the possibility of adoption.  Sabrina helped me find a cat that a co-worker wanted to adopt.

          Marcia

          Someone is interested in seeing one of the ACS dogs on-line but I noticed that the ACS web-site does not have all the dogs' photos.  Does anyone know if more information can be found about the dog if they're not included in the photos?  The dog doesn't have a name--only an ID #.

          She's a 2 year old black/chocolate female lab who's scheduled to be "released" tomorrow and no one has officially shown interest in her so she may be put down.  Her ID#AO94275.

          Cheryl

        • Shelley
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 5, 2009

            I am forwarding this to Heather, who does rescue/foster.