This Saturday outing to Island Beach State Park (Aug. 9)

  • li_hao1
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2003
      ACP members and friends,

      We hope every one of you and your children are having a great summer.
      Before the summer gone, Let's have a "One Day Outing to Island Beach
      State Park" in NJ (Less than 2 hours drive optimum-same place we went
      last year). We can enjoy the ocean, the pure white sand beach, and
      enjoy the old and new friendship, enjoy the beach volleyball game. So
      far many people show interest to go. We will provide a sign in list,
      and email the contact list info to people signed in.

      Date and Time:
      August 9 (Saturday) 10:30 – 4:30
      BE EARLY! If you arrive around 12:00 and the parking lot is full,
      police will close the park entree, till there are some parking lots
      free again.

      Activities:

      Beach Swim, Social, Beach Volleyball

      Place and direction

      Island Beach State Park Seaside Park, NJ 08752; (732) 793-0506
      Ocean Bathing Beach Area-1, on the beach to the right of shower
      facility (if you face the ocean)
      Look for ACP's red/yellow horizontal banner on the beach fence face
      the ocean.

      E. 276->N. 95 -> E. 195 -> S. Garden State PKWY -> E. 37 -> S. 35 ->
      park entrance -> Ocean Bathing Area 1 (milestone # 3.4)

      PARK WEB SITE
      (http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/island.html)
      SHOWER FACILITY
      (http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/virtual_tours/large_photos
      /island_beach_large/p7190012.jpg)
      BEACH FENCE
      (http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/virtual_tours/large_photos
      /island_beach_large/p1010011.jpg)

      Fee:
      Park entrance $10/Car, Beach swimming/hot water shower is free.
      Organize your own food and drink. (There is food stand in the shower
      facility)

      Activities:
      Swimming, friendship, and beach volleyball game.

      www.acp-phila.org

      For any question/comments please contact:
      LI, Hao
      Chair, ACP
      Li_hao1@...