- Title: Copy EditorLocation: Portland, ORDescripton:This is a prime opportunity for a professional with copy editing experience and solid news judgment to join a top-notch news organization with an eye on the future. The job involves selecting, paginating and posting letters to the editor. You’ll be part of an energetic, collaborative culture that prides itself on innovation, while also enjoying a good deal of autonomy. As a member of our opinion team, you will read, choose and edit letters, keeping trending topics and current news in mind. In addition to your editing and pagination duties, you'll post content to the OREGONLIVE opinion blog and serve as a gatekeeper for public opinion content.
To be a good fit for the Copy Editor opportunity, you will have:
Oregonian Media Group, based in Portland, Ore., is the most trusted source for news and information in Oregon and Southwest Washington. A digitally focused company, Oregonian Media Group provides content when and where readers want it - online, on smartphones and on tablets - through OREGONLIVE and a range of digital products. Its print publications include The Oregonian, the Pulitzer Prize-winning newspaper, as well as the Beaverton Leader, the Hillsboro Argus and the Forest Grove Leader. As the largest media company in the state, Oregonian Media Group is also advertisers' strongest media partner, with an innovative suite of products to help them connect with their best customers.
- A bachelor's degree in journalism or a relevant combination of education and experience
- Solid experience copy editing
- A strong understanding of Associated Press (AP) style
- Strong grammar and spelling skills, with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize a steady workload within daily deadlines
- Strong computer and word-processing skills
- Basic pagination experience and knowledge of InDesign and / or InCopy
- Click the "Apply" button for further details...
Oregonian Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, physical or mental impairment, sexual orientation or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.
Oregonian Media Group endeavors to make OregonLive.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact tdavis@....IMPORTANT: HOW TO APPLY
We want you to be as selective as we are! For a detailed "Insider's View" of this position and to submit your resume, please visit the following URL:
If the link does not work, simply copy the complete URL and paste it into your browser's address line.
PLEASE RESPECT OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS. DO NOT USE ANY OTHER METHOD TO APPLY OR CLICK ANY OTHER BUTTONS. Thank you for your attention to this detail.