Copy Editor, Gannett Government Media, Springfield, Va.

  • markallence
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2014
      We’re looking for a superlative Copy Editor to craft headlines, ensure accuracy and enforce style for our six newsweeklies, four magazines and 11 websites.  The ideal candidate has sound news judgment and a passion for sweating the details. Responsibilities include editing stories and proofing pages; writing headlines, captions and other amplifying text; designing pages; posting to websites and blogs; and reviewing all platforms for libelous content.

      Desired skills and experience: Applicants should have at least two years of experience as a copy editor or reporter, preferably for a daily newspaper. Experience with CCI NewsGate is preferred.  A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required, and familiarity with The Associated Press stylebook is a must.

      Apply here:
      https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=29004&company=Gannett&username=