freelance proofreader and copyeditor

  • ACESJOBS-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2014

      Canyouproofthis.com is looking for an experienced PROOFREADER/COPYEDITOR for telecommuting assignments on a freelance/contractor basis. We expect you to handle between two and six short to medium-size finance- and investment-related documents each week (usually one- or two-day turnarounds), in addition to the occasional marketing or other type of copy.

      Successful applicants will

      - have at least five years of documented experience as a proofreader/copyeditor;

      - have a strong interest and documented background in proofreading in the area of finance and investing;

      - successfully complete our editing test.

      Our ideal candidate is a full-time freelancer who is close to her or his computer during the day, someone who is available for fast turnarounds on short notice and who can juggle several projects at the same time, if necessary. If you have a part-time job that gives you plenty of flexibility when needed, we’d still be happy to work with you, as long as you’re reachable via e-mail. But if you’re just looking to make some extra money on weekends, we will not be able to accommodate you.

      We are particularly interested in generalist editors who can adjust to any topic and writing style and are interested in bringing perfection – as well as making intelligent and thoughtful comments and suggestions – to any type of manuscript. We’re not looking for minimalists who want to get through an assignment with as little fuss as possible.

      Beyond MS Word, we need you to have a full and recent version of Adobe Acrobat and be familiar with its markup and editing features (or be willing to learn fast). We also expect familiarity with Chicago.

      Please note that all our proofreaders are freelancers who work from home on a per-project basis. Acceptance into our freelance pool does not constitute an employment agreement or a guarantee of future work.

      If you fulfill the above requirements, please send your résumé with cover letter (including two work references whom we may contact by phone and e-mail) as a Word attachment to info@.... Please let us know in some detail how you meet the above requirements. Please do not apply if you don’t fulfill all the requirements as outlined above.