Morningstar’s Research group provides independent analysis on individual securities, funds, markets, and portfolios. The Research group also provides data on hundreds of thousands of investment offerings, including stocks, mutual funds, and similar vehicles, along with real-time global market data on millions of equities, indexes, futures, options, commodities, and precious metals, in addition to foreign exchange and Treasury markets. Morningstar is one of the largest independent sources of fund, equity, and credit data and research in the world, and our advocacy for investors’ interests is the foundation of our company.
The Morningstar editorial group seeks a Production Editor to join its team. The successful candidate for this position will have two specific, well-developed skill sets to fulfill the following responsibilities: (1) copy editing, proofreading, and publishing the written editorial content for our voluminous and continuously generated written equity research and credit product and (2) performing various graphic design and formatting functions to generate attractive, professional quality visual collateral to compliment the written content of the equity and credit research product. This position can be located in either our Horsham office or midtown New York office.
· Make complex financial information clear, engaging, and understandable by proofreading and editing financial and investment-oriented materials in a fast-paced, high-document-volume team environment under tight deadlines.
· Using Microsoft Excel, construct clear, high-quality, visually appealing, and understandable financial graphics, charts, and tables for our analyst research reports and presentations by knowledgeably manipulating and interpreting raw quantitative data.
· Demonstrate layout proficiency in Microsoft Word including incorporating graphic elements within text-based documents.
· Formulate engaging design concepts and support Morningstar’s corporate design guidelines.
· Solve challenging information and communication design problems.
· Work successfully both individually and collaboratively; coordinate closely with the director of the equity and credit research copy editing team, as well as other team members, to manage joint projects with equity analysts, product managers, programmers, and other technical experts.
· Three to five years of direct copy editing and graphic design experience, ideally in the investment data or financial services industries, or at a widely recognized media publication with a strong business or investment orientation.
· A well-developed vocabulary, meticulous editing skills, and precise creative writing abilities that promote clarity and consistency while adhering to technical protocols.
· Demonstrated proficiency in manipulating raw economic and financial data using Microsoft Excel or similar software; the ability to use graphic design software to interpret this data into clear, visually appealing forms.
· Proficiency with the Adobe suite of products (including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator), as well as Microsoft Office Suite.
· Familiarity with AP Style and a willingness to learn Morningstar Style.
· Experience and comfort working in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
· Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
· Experience with digital photography, publication design, online, or interactive design is also helpful.
· Written and spoken proficiency in Mandarin, Italian, French, or German are a plus.
Interested candidates should apply online with their resume and cover letter at:https://jobs.morningstar.com/ichannel/asp/hr/application.aspx?postingid=2558
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.