Bergen County, NJ, reporters

  • ACESJOBS-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2013

      The Record ( Bergen County ,  NJ ) has three full-time reporter openings. If interested, send a cover letter detailing why you want the job, a resume and your six best clips to: Douglas Clancy, Assistant Managing Editor, The Record,  PO Box 471 , Woodland Park ,  NJ   07424 .

      The openings are:

      Reporter I - The Record has an opening for a full-time Reporter I responsible for producing engaging stories that explore a variety of topics, but generally concentrate on how health and fitness and their significance to North Jersey residents. The skills and experience required for this position include the ability to:

      - Write on tight deadlines.

      -  Develop health and nutrition stories that are easy to understand and help the reader understand an issue. The ability to write critically and in an engaging manner is essential.

      -  Take a story in the news and make it relevant to  North Jersey  readers.

      -  Identify stories that have the greatest potential to engage readers in  North Jersey .

      The successful candidate must have at least two years of daily newspaper reporting experience, or equivalent. Hours may vary and may include working occasional weekends as part of a schedule rotation.

      Reporter II - The Record has an opening for a full-time Reporter II covering municipalities. We're looking for self-starters who can break news as well as cover breaking news, propose and execute enterprise ideas, spot significant regional trends and move quickly and surely to contribute developing stories to the Web. The ability to write clean, clear and accurate copy is critical. And of course, we're looking for team players who will complement and enhance the excellent work of our current team of municipal reporters. A minimum of three years of daily reporting experience, or its equivalent, is required.  Varied work schedule.

      Specialty Writer - The Record has an opening for a full-time Specialty Writer focusing on high-end enterprise, general assignment, and breaking news stories. The successful candidate must cover and ferret out a broad range of stories and write evocatively with precision, care, grace and the reader in mind. There will be heavy emphasis on enterprise - telling readers not only what is happening but why it's happening and what it means to them here in  North Jersey . At least five years of daily reporting experience is required.

      Some background about our newspaper:

      The Record, with a circulation of about 150,000 daily and 180,000 Sunday, is family-owned and located in  North Jersey . It has won the "General Excellence Award" as  New Jersey 's best large daily newspaper (for circulation more than 60,000) in six of the past 10 years. The newspaper is located within 30 minutes of Times Square in  Manhattan  and is a short drive from the Shore and the mountains. Our company also owns the Herald News, a small daily, and about 60 weekly newspapers and magazines.