senior management reporting analyst
The Senior Management Reporting Analyst partners with the Corporate FP&A team and other Finance teams across NiSource to lead the design, creation, production, and continuous improvement efforts of all internal financial Management Reports.
· Demonstrates a basic working knowledge of financial statements, metrics and measures, and key strategic business initiatives. Evaluate and validate data required to produce accurate and timely internal Management Reports from various sources.
· Create, proof read/edit and publish cyclical internal Management Reports, and independently execute on deliverables and timelines with minimal supervision according to agreed-upon schedule. Develop and administer personal and team deliverables, timelines and milestones. Oversee the deliverables and milestones of team members related to assigned projects.
· Compiles, organizes and formats data in order to design, develop and produce internal and external management reports for senior level executives, Board of Directors and other internal and external entities that carry accurate, clear and concise messages.
· Execute quality standards of "flawless and error-free reporting" and strive to achieve them by overseeing deliverables and milestones of team members related to assigned projects. Identifies and provides recommendations for the adoption of process improvements. Continually evaluate process & timeline effectiveness, provide recommendations on increasing effectiveness and efficiency.
· Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing course of action or developing appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences. Analyze & interpret information provided from internal stakeholders. Translate into effective reporting formats.
· Maintains focus and professionalism as well as demonstrating balance when under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity). Maintains productive relationships and copes effectively during stressful situations. Mentor and assist with the development of Management Reporting team members.
· Provide subject matter expertise for continuous improvement of the report creation and distribution processes. Provide report development expertise to other internal units (e.g., Tax, Treasury, corporate-level budgeting).
· Train new report users and preparers on changes in processes, the type of information available as well as systems. Provide guidance to other team members related to timelines and deliverables.
· Produce a monthly balanced scorecard to provide continuous feedback on processes, identification of issues and areas for process improvements related to Management Reports.
· Provide guidance to financial reporting stakeholders with respect to reporting calendar requirements, based on the overall financial calendar.
Required for Selection:
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
· Ability to work in demanding, priority driven office environment, often working simultaneously on multiple tasks
· Ability to work with high degree of independence within scope of assigned responsibilities
· High degree of flexibility in work schedule and in project prioritization and execution.
· Ability to work extended hours during peak periods with limited notice
· Advanced knowledge of PC applications including Excel and PowerPoint
· Attention to detail and timing a must. Checks work to ensure accuracy and quality
· Ability to plan, organize and prioritize workload. Exceptional organizational skills
· Ability to deliver and develop internal management reports at the rating agency, corporate board and senior executive level
· Strong financial acumen
Preferred for Selection:
· Experience in production of senior level financial reports including proof reading and/or editing for accuracy
· Related experience in the utility industry preferred
NiSource Equal Employment Opportunity
NiSource companies are Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employers and do not discriminate in any employer/employee relations based on race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by law. NiSource companies require all employees to adhere strictly to this policy.
NiSource Inclusion & Diversity
Value inclusion within your day to day responsibilities by respecting others' perspectives/convictions, engaging others' opinions, creating a safe environment where people, ideas, and opinions are valued within your Team/Customers and external partners.
Respect and take into consideration diversity within your Team/Customers and external work partners by valuing different world views, challenges, and cultures that represent all walks of life and all backgrounds.
Treat others with respect and consideration. Actively participate in creating and contributing to a positive work environment.