recipes and cookbooks

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2013

      Callisto Media (http://www.callistomedia.com) is looking for freelance development editors, copyeditors, and proofreaders with experience working on recipes and cookbooks. Experience with health and diet cookbooks is a plus.

      We pay competitive project and per-hour rates and are constantly putting out interesting new titles.

      Callisto‚Äôs production cycle is very quick. Turnaround times range from 2-3 days for proofing to 2 weeks for editing 30,000-word books. Applicants must be able to work on extremely tight deadlines.

      Applicants must have the following qualifications:

      -       An established freelance history of development editing, copyediting and/or proofreading for book publishers.

      -       Experience editing recipes and cookbooks.

      -       Experience editing in electronic formats (Word/PDF).

      -       A mastery of styles and their documentation.

      -       Consistent availability. Available to start working immediately.

      -       A strong work ethic and incredible attention to detail.

      -       Strict adherence to deadlines.

      While we are based in Berkeley, CA, this is an out-of-office freelance position and you can work from any location and/or time zone.

      If you are interested in this position, please send an email with the position(s) you are applying for in the subject line, your resume, and a cover letter that describes your fit for this position to jobs@.... We will follow up with all qualified candidates.