Page designer / copy editor -- Richmond Times-Dispatch

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2013
      The Richmond Times-Dispatch is seeking a creative and versatile page designer, ideally with copy editing skills, to join our growing team.

      Richmond, the capital of  Virginia , is the heart of a vibrant region that is near the beach, the mountains and the nation’s capital. And The Times-Dispatch is growing with the region: With the stable ownership of Berkshire Hathaway, we are expanding our staff and content – all part of our commitment to community journalism and a sign of optimism about our future.

      We are seeking a team player who primarily can create smartly designed news and feature pages, and ideally who is a sharp, detail-oriented and inquisitive editor.

      Requirements:  Three to five years of daily newspaper experience preferred, but equivalent news experience will be considered and less experience will be accepted if candidate has strong design/editing skills. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience with basic English courses and broad liberal-arts curriculum preferred. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends. Experience with the CCI system and InDesign a plus.

      Responsibilities include executing creative page designs, editing stories and writing strong display type on content covering a wide range of subjects. This individual must:

      ** Balance overlapping assignments and deadlines.
      ** Be a strong communicator, with excellent interpersonal skills, who works with team colleagues and newsroom departments in a professional manner to address questions, issues, etc. on content.
      ** Be computer-literate, know AP style and read widely.

      To submit an application and resume, go to https://bhmedia.silkroad.com/epostings and search for job ID # RNI-001367.