National Catholic Reporter

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27 2:46 PM

      The National Catholic Reporter is seeking a versatile Copy Editor to assist in the development of a website initiative to tell the stories of Catholic sisters around the world. This is an excellent opportunity to help build a new product from the ground up, and we need an experienced self-starter who is resourceful and creative and able to work in a collaborative atmosphere.

      We are seeking a wordsmith who can work with writers and can take a story from rough form to readable copy, someone who follows rules of grammar and is familiar with AP style. This position also requires a visual journalist who is as comfortable working with photos and videos as he or she is working with words. Experience with Web production is a must, as is a fluency in all things related to social media.

      A bachelor’s degree in journalism or communications and three to five years’ experience are required.

      This job is based in Kansas City, Mo.

      Send cover letters and resumes to jobs@..., with “Copy Editor” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.