news copy editor

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2013
      Arkansas Democrat-Gazette news copy editor

      The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette in Little Rock has a full-time opening for a copy editor with at least two years of daily newspaper experience. We prefer candidates with wire desk experience.

      Our night copy editors edit news stories, write and edit headlines, and proof pages. They also have an opportunity to work with our wire editors, who have plentiful space to fill in the A section. Our wire desk has access to multiple wire services, and it routinely compiles 1A and inside stories using various articles.

      Candidates should have a bachelor's degree in journalism and at least two years of experience working at a daily newspaper as a copy editor and wire editor. This position requires knowledge of grammar, punctuation, Associated Press style and libel law.

      Applicants brought in for an interview take a copy-editing test, edit stories and write headlines.

      Salary is based on experience. Resumes, including a list of job references and examples of work, should be directed to: Sandra Tyler, news editor, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, P.O. Box 2221, Little Rock, AR 72203 or styler@.... Phone: (501) 378-3886.