city editor

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 11, 2013
      Do you enjoy a fast-paced environment, working with a team of award-winning journalists and engaging with the public via mobile, online, social media and print? We are currently accepting applications for the position of city editor in our newsroom — a key figure who can assist the editing and reporting teams with planning and delivering everything from breaking news coverage to in-depth, narrative-style investigative journalism. This is a hands-on newsroom where everyone works together to deliver top quality journalism. A degree in journalism and several years of experience in reporting with at least two years of experience in managing others will put you at the top of the list. Come join us at the Denton Record-Chronicle where making a difference and keeping the public informed is what we're all about. Send your resume to Managing Editor Dawn Cobb at dcobb@....
    • markallence
      Message 2 of 2 , May 14

        Tired of hearing your co-workers or bosses gripe about the future of newspapers? If you’re an over-achieving journalist and talented editor who knows you'd be a perfect fit to oversee a team of reporters, keep reading.

        The Bryan-College Station Eagle needs a city editor who easily can switch gears from posting breaking news to the web and social media to editing news stories, features and other stories on deadline. Being a good storyteller and a creative thinker are helpful attributes in our award-winning newsroom.

        Proven digital skills are necessary, along with having a curious mind and willingness to work one-on-one mentoring reporters. This person works closely with the editor and managing editor, as well as the copy desk, even giving suggestions to headlines and design for A1 and section fronts.

        If you’re an innovator who believes journalism can make a difference no matter what community you’re working in, take a look at a map and find us in Bryan-College Station, Texas. We’re 90 miles from Houston and Austin, three hours from Dallas. Texas A&M, the state’s largest university, is in our backyard. It’s traditions and culture are why we have a secondary website called MyAggieNation.com. We also do a two-hour daily radio show out of the newsroom.

        The ideal candidate is a critical-thinker, hardworking and will have at least five years of journalism experience. Did we mention excellent judgment and in-depth knowledge of what libel is all about is a must, too? We hope you’ll inspire our staff and our readers, while utilizing your exceptional communication and organizational skills.

        We are owned by BH Media, a group of 29 daily newspapers and dozens of weekly papers purchased by Warren Buffett over the past few years. We value our community and our employees, who are compensated with a good benefits package (health insurance/401K) and competitive salary. Send cover letters, resume and stories to Kelly Brown, editor, at kelly.brown@.... No phone calls, please. Thanks.