- Work from home proofreader required to review news releases for errors in spelling, punctuation, grammar and other apparent errors. Be able to contribute 6 to 8 hours from ~9 am EST on weekdays. Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field, 1+ year experience working with news releases and knowledge of AP style required. 3 months contract. Please email your resume, expected hourly billing rate and preferred timings to gnr1537@....
PROOFREADER/ QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST
Wilen New York has an opening for a Proofreader on our staff. If you live and breathe grammatical accuracy and find every incorrect word in your mail, articles and online, then you are the perfectionist we need. We are seeking an experienced, detail-oriented proofreader who will be responsible for the accuracy of the marketing materials that promote our clients’ products and services.
- Experience in proofreading variable content from print, PDF, matrix tables and data tables.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work efficiently within strict production schedule deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in English or a related discipline.
Responsibilities Include Ensuring:
- Accurate spelling, grammar, punctuation, point size, text style, spacing and formatting.
- Client revisions have been applied.
- Style and branding guidelines are adhered to.
- All necessary information and legal disclaimers are present and correct.
- All variable information is present and correct, including codes, phone numbers, offers, pricing, offer disclaimers and expiration dates.
- Acquiring and maintaining knowledge of our clients’ ever-changing communication standards and styles to best uphold product integrity.
- Developing effective working relationships with, and readily taking direction from, creative and production team members.
- Utilizing multiple information resources to verify accuracy of information.
Bonus Skills (not required but a plus):
- Knowledge of proofreaders’ marks.
- Experience with Mac platform.
- Experience with GMC PrintNet T program.
- Ability to proofread in Spanish.
This is a full-time opening. Work hours are 10:00am – 6:30pm. (Please specify if you are interested in part-time or per-diem work, as this does become available at times.) If you meet the qualifications for this position, please apply with your résumé, cover letter and hourly rate to careers@....
Important Notes: Please read prior to applying.
- This is an on-site position; we are not looking for work-from-home candidates.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered.
- Qualified applicants will be given a sample project to assess proofreading skills.
- Sorry, but cover letters or résumés that are received with typographical errors will not be considered for this position.
Don't call us an ad agency. Or a direct mail firm, or a printer or a web shop. Because we're all of those things and a whole lot more. At Wilen, we've got over 40 years of experience defying expectations and setting the bar high for innovation. So what makes us so different? Unlike just about any other agency, we work as a single team, from initial concepts to creative to production to delivery—a seamless process that lets us identify strategic advantages every step of the way. Whether it's direct mail, digital, print, television or radio, we deliver results.
Our great ideas come from everywhere. That's why Wilen is committed to employing a diverse pool of ambitious individuals. Because we work across multiple industries, our team is comprised of a lethal squad of specialists who eat, sleep and breathe strategy, creative, data and measurement. We would love to hear your story and learn how your unique skills and talents can enhance our growing company.
Crimson Interactive is a leading ISO-certified organization (ISO 9001:2008) providing Japanese and English language solutions to academicians, researchers, and corporate clients globally. We have served more than 50,000 clients from various geographies like Japan, China, Taiwan, Germany, Korea, the US, and the UK, and are proud to be among the top 3 editing players in Japan. We have also partnered with Maruzen (Japan’s largest academic publisher) and Dai Nippon Printing (DNP; the world’s second largest printer and publisher) for their editorial and translation needs.
Crimson Interactive is a company where cultures across boundaries thrive together. Currently, we meet the language and publishing needs of independent and corporate clients in over 67 countries around the world. Under the brands Enago, Voxtab, and Ulatus, Crimson works with a pool of highly skilled professionals having unparalleled technical expertise and language skills. Our business practices, human resources, and supporting technologies demonstrate our commitment to delighting our clients. We have diverse in-house staff comprising different nationalities such as Japanese, Chinese, Taiwanese, and Indians, all working towards a common objective—to serve the global academic community in the best way possible.
Honors and Awards
Crimson has been recognized as among the “100 most promising companies” in the world by Red Herring and is the only editing company to be recognized at both Asia and Global Red Herring Awards, 2010. At these awards, Crimson stood out in the academic editing, transcription, and language solutions domain, and was a clear winner compared to its closest competitors.
In October 2012, Crimson gained further international recognition by winning the prestigious World Quality Commitment (WQC) Award in the Gold Category at the 26th International World Quality Commitment Star Awards. This award puts Crimson Interactive and its brands—Enago, Ulatus, and Voxtab—in the league of companies that deliver top-notch world-class services with uncompromised quality.
In July 2013, Crimson won the top prize in the first ever “India SME Heroes Challenge” organized by Google and the Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) to honor small- and medium-size businesses that have made remarkable achievements using internet. This award confirms Crimson’s position in the market as a leader in innovation.
- Subject matter expertise in Life Sciences, Medicine, Physical Sciences, Engineering, Economics, Social Sciences and humanities..
- Experience in proofreading and mild copyediting.
As a proofreader for Enago, you are required to attend to the following aspects in every manuscript.
- Language and Mechanics
- Domain-specific terminology
- English Style (British and American)
- Academic Style
Employment Term: Part-time, Contract
- Profile consists of proofreading edited assignments on a daily basis.
- Ensuring immaculate adherence to grammar and punctuation rules and use of correct terminology when applicable.
- Adherence to aforementioned checkpoints of the service definition
- Adherence to aforementioned checkpoints of the service definition
- Other details will be shared after the application is shortlisted.
Native English Speakers Only.
MMI Agency is looking for a full-time or part-time proofreader who will proofread and edit a variety of agency communications. He/She will check for content, logic and coherence, grammar and punctuation, spelling, consistency of style, language usage and formatting. The documents will include news/media releases, ads, advertorials, internal and external marketing collateral, proposals, online copy, and a range of written and electronic communications.
Prepare, rewrite and edit copy to improve readability
Verify facts, dates and statistics
Read copy or proof to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax
Ensure all text elements meet editing quality standards and style consistencies
Review and approve proofs prior to publication production
Maintain style guides for clients
Provide editing support to other assignments as needed
Must have a bachelor’s degree in English or a related area of study
Previous experience as a proofreader at an agency or publication
MMI Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
Proofreader | MMI Agency | Houston Advertising & Marketing