Oregonian Media Group

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2013
      Title: Copy Editor
      Company: Oregonian Media Group
      Location: Portland, OR
      This is a prime opportunity for a professional with a few years of copy editing experience to join a top-notch news organization with an eye on the future. You'll enjoy an energetic, collaborative culture that prides itself on innovation, and be part of a talented and creative team dedicated to excellence. You will concentrate on our print products, but could work on digital publications in the future, so you should be open to new challenges. We are proactive about helping our people develop professionally and, once you have proven yourself in this role, you might develop the skills to pursue a variety of career paths (curating, pagination, design, etc.) as Oregonian Media Group evolves.

      To be a good fit for the Copy Editor opportunity you will have:
      • A bachelor's degree in journalism or a relevant combination of education and experience.
      • Solid experience copy editing in a newsroom.
      • A strong understanding of Associated Press (AP) style.
      • Excellent grammar and spelling skills, with exceptional attention to detail.
      • The ability to write creative, eye-catching headlines.
      • The ability to balance efficient and accurate editing with a quick turnaround time.
      • Pagination, curation and/or news editing experience would be a strong advantage.
      • Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
      • Click the "Apply" button for further details...
      Oregonian Media Group is a new, digitally focused media company that will launch on October 1, 2013 to expand news and information products in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Beginning October 1, the new company will operate OregonLive.com and publish The Oregonian and its related print products.

      Oregonian Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, physical or mental impairment, sexual orientation or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.

      Oregonian Media Group endeavors to make OregonLive.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact tdavis@....

      IMPORTANT: HOW TO APPLY

      We want you to be as selective as we are! For a detailed "Insider's View" of this position and to submit your resume, please visit the following URL:

      http://oregonianmedia.jobinfo.com/description.php?jid=9908131&adid=99385

      If the link does not work, simply copy the complete URL and paste it into your browser's address line.

      PLEASE RESPECT OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS. DO NOT USE ANY OTHER METHOD TO APPLY OR CLICK ANY OTHER BUTTONS. Thank you for your attention to this detail.