China Daily

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 30, 2013
      China Daily Newspaper Recruitment

      Position: Deputy Editor in Chief / Online;
      Copy Editors for Business Department
      Company: China Daily, based in Beijing
      Job Status: Contract basis

      Position: Deputy Editor in Chief / Online
      China Daily is looking for two senior editors, including the deputy editor in chief/online, to help us improve our online content and user experience. We are looking for experienced editors for these two new positions, who will oversee the introduction of current best practices; conceptualize, generate and manage new content; foster innovation and improve usability of the website and other online/mobile efforts. More detailed job descriptions will be shaped by the strengths and interests of the candidates. The jobs are based in Beijing and require a one-year contract. China Daily has around 70 expat employees and offers many benefits including housing and medical coverage. We are looking to fill these jobs quickly.

      Position: Senior Copy Editors for Business Department
      China Daily is looking for copy editors for its English-language business section. Candidates should have at least ten years of business news editing experience at a national print or online media, and be excellent team players that can totally rewrite copy if needed and be able to offer advice to junior staff. You should also be confident in generating and sharing ideas. You should have superior word and grammar skills, a good knowledge of international current affairs, and substantial knowledge of Chinese culture and affairs would be an advantage. We would like to hear from people who are working or have worked in a position of responsibility in business section.

      For successful candidates, we offer a competitive salary and free accommodation. Send a resume and a cover letter to job@.... We thank all applicants for their interest but only those who are considered for an interview will be contacted.
    • ACESJOBS-owner@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 11, 2013
        Position: Writers and copy editors for business, features, opinion, national and international news, special report/supplements, and international editions
        Company: China Daily (Beijing Headquarters)
        Job Status: Contract basis

        China Daily is looking for writers and copy editors for its English-language business, features, national, international,  special report/supplements, and international editions

        Candidates should have at least five years' writing and editing experience at a national print or online news organization. We are looking for team players who can rewrite copy if needed and help mentor junior staff members.

        You should have superior word and grammar skills and a good knowledge of international current affairs. Substantial knowledge of Chinese culture and affairs is an advantage.

        We would like to hear from people who are working or have worked in a position of responsibility on a copy desk or news desk. Slotting experience is a plus.

        For successful candidates, we offer a competitive salary and free accommodation.

        Send a resume and cover letter to job@.... We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those who are considered for an interview will be contacted.

      • markallence
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 26, 2014
          China Daily Newspaper Recruitment

          Position: Copy Editors: features

          Company: China Daily Shanghai Bureau,

          Location: Based in Shanghai

          Job Status: Contract basis

          China Daily is looking for copy editors for its English-language features section.
          Candidates should have at least five years of editing experience at a national print or online media, and be excellent team players that can totally rewrite copy if needed and be able to offer advice to junior staff.
          You should also be confident in generating and sharing ideas.
          You should have good knowledge of current affairs around the world, while substantial knowledge about Chinese culture and current affairs would be an advantage.
          Ideally, we would like to hear from people who are working or have worked in a position of responsibility, either on a copy desk or news desk.
          For successful candidates, we offer a competitive salary and free accommodation.

          Send a resume, cover letter and two clips that best represent your writing or editorial experience to surrealxu@.... We thank all applicants for their interest but only those who are considered for an interview will be contacted.