Shorthorn Adviser (student publications assistant director)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2013
      The University of Texas at Arlington Office of Student Publications is looking for a new editorial adviser for The Shorthorn, our award-winning, digital-first student news operation.
      The person in this position is responsible for providing management, training and coordination for news/editorial operations of The Shorthorn and other projects in a manner that maintains high journalistic standards and provides strong experience for student staffs.
      This is a full-time, permanent, 12-month position, one of six people on our professional staff. We work with approximately 70 student staff members -- all of whom are paid -- to produce The Shorthorn across multiple platforms. Student Publications is part of the UTA Division of Student Affairs. This is a full-time advising position and does not include classroom instruction.
      We're a good, storied operation that is constantly looking for ways to become better. Our goal is to provide the resources and opportunities that will allow any student who works on our staff to become as good as he or she wants to become while providing the university community with its best source of news and information about UTA. The success of The Shorthorn and our alumni demonstrates that we frequently (and happily) meet that goal. We're looking for someone who shares our goals and who can help us continue to meet them.
      Application information is available at http://www.uta.edu/hr/careers/. Applicants *must* apply and post a letter of interest and resume online at that site, then send five work samples to Student Publications Director Beth Francesco, as outlined in the online description. All pieces -- online application, letter of interest, resume, work samples -- are required in order for an application to be considered. Work samples may be e-mailed to bfrances@....
      We will begin reviewing applications immediately.
      Please help spread the word about this position. Interested persons should feel free to contact Student Publications Director Beth Francesco at bfrances@... with any questions or for more information.