Copy desk editor

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2013
      Location: New Orleans, LA

      NOLA Media Group knows you understand how to a make a news story better and know how to book a section. You can see the big picture, focus on the smallest details, improve a story and choose content that is compelling. You're energized by the process, can keep a multitude of balls in the air, and thrive in a deadline driven, fast-paced world. But, can you think differently? Can you choose digital content, understand social media, and recognize real-time news that is relevant to the population we serve? Can you take digital copy and leverage and refashion it to fit the more traditional newsprint medium? Can you also see how a story can be presented visually to make it even better? If the answer is yes, this is your opportunity to make an impact as a key member of our newspaper team, and be part of a new initiative to deliver news to the citizenry of Louisiana across a variety of platforms.

      We're looking for an expert to drive content selection and presentation for print newspapers and other products. We need a person with tried-and-true experience, who's excited about digital media and the future of journalism, and creative enough to see the possibilities and unique opportunities of a new media/newspaper synergy.

      To be a strong fit for the role of Curator, News you will need:
      2+ years of professional experience working as a Content, Source Editor or similar role
      A bachelor's degree in Journalism, Graphic Design, Graphic Communications, Art or a related field
      Substantial leadership and staff management experience
      Knowledge of press and other forms of print media
      The ability to develop and manage production timelines
      Demonstrated news judgment that adapts and coincides with direction set by senior management
      Knowledge of graphic design concepts and theories
      A portfolio of your work
      Click the "Apply" button for further details...
      NOLA Media Group is a digitally-focused news organization encompassing all content, marketing and sales operations for NOLA.com and The Times-Picayune. By bringing together the quality journalism and in-depth coverage of The Times-Picayune with the up-to-the-minute information of NOLA.com, we are ensuring the communities we serve have 24/7 access to what's happening locally and around the world.

      NOLA Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, physical or mental impairment, sexual orientation or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.

      NOLA Media Group endeavors to make NOLA.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact thawkins@....

      IMPORTANT: HOW TO APPLY

      We want you to be as selective as we are! For a detailed "Insider's View" of this position and to submit your resume, please visit the following URL:

      http://nola.jobinfo.com/description.php?jid=9907713&adid=93395

      If the link does not work, simply copy the complete URL and paste it into your browser's address line.

      PLEASE RESPECT OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS. DO NOT USE ANY OTHER METHOD TO APPLY OR CLICK ANY OTHER BUTTONS. Thank you for your attention to this detail.