Virginian-Pilot copy editor

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2013

      The Virginian-Pilot is seeking an experienced copy editor. As part of a universal copy desk, you will copy edit news and sports stories that appear in The Pilot and on PilotOnline.com. The successful applicant will write headlines, captions and other display type. You also will proof pages, maps and graphics. Your work will be on print and online platforms. The job will involve posting stories online and producing PilotOnline.com.

      Education/Experience:
      Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
      Five (5) years experience on a daily newspaper copy desk.
      How to Apply:
      Go to www.thevirginianpilot.com and click on Careers.
      Closing date is flexible, but interested parties should apply ASAP.
      About Us:

      The Virginian-Pilot is a 160,000-circulation daily newspaper that primarily serves residents of southeastern Virginia, also known as Hampton Roads. Owned by Landmark Media Enterprises, The Pilot has won three Pulitzer Prizes. We're located in Norfolk, Va., on the Chesapeake Bay, about 25 minutes from the Atlantic Ocean. We've got mild winters, beautiful summers and terrific crab cakes. Visit us online at www.PilotOnline.com.