Center for Investigative Reporting

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2013
      The Center for Investigative Reporting is seeking a part-time contract copy editor for afternoon shifts. We are looking for a detail-oriented editor with a solid track record who can serve as a trusted, reliable gatekeeper. We need a master of style, spelling, grammar and punctuation. We want someone who brings a skeptical eye to the careful, meticulous review of copy and isn't afraid to ask tough questions. The right candidate will be a strong team player with outstanding communication skills. He or she will work closely with staff members across all media platforms — print, broadcast, online, radio and multimedia — to craft better prose, write crisp headlines, and review our content. If you think you've got what it takes, please send a resume, cover letter and up to five editing samples to Copy Chief Christine Lee, clee@.... Qualified candidates will be asked to take an editing test. On-site in Berkeley, Calif., is preferred. We will take submissions until the position has been filled. The independent, nonprofit Center for Investigative Reporting is the country's largest investigative reporting team. For more, visit www.cironline.org.