Copy editor opening at (Tacoma) News Tribune/The Olympian

  • markallence
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 1:07 PM
      The News Tribune in Tacoma, Wash. is seeking a versatile, experienced copy editor to join our newsroom.

      This position is responsible for line editing of news and sports content for two daily publications (The News Tribune and The Olympian) on nights and weekends. This person would join a 20-person universal desk that handles the editing and design duties for print. Production changes are coming in the next year as we integrate the print/online/mobile platforms with a new pagination system rollout of NewsGate/CCI.

      Applicants must display good news and sports judgment, with a background in newspaper editing, headline writing and strong language skills. They must also have a command of AP style, an aptitude for writing engaging headlines and a strong attention to detail. They must be comfortable editing on deadline with a tight turnaround of two publications.

      We are looking for candidates who are self starters who can handle a large workload each night. We want them to be excited about giving the readers the most comprehensive copy from our staff and the wires with a discerning eye geared toward the written word.

      A bachelor's degree in journalism is preferred with experience at a weekly or daily publication. Past Dow Jones copy editing interns are highly encouraged to apply.

      Please respond by May 15, 2013.

      Contact: Liz Wishaw, The News Tribune 1950 South State Street Tacoma, WA 98405 or liz.wishaw@...