three-month part-time position

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2013
      MedCity Media, the publisher of MedCityNews.com, is seeking a copy editor for a three-month, part-time position editing healthcare content for our content marketing division. Separate from MedCityNews.com, MedCity Media's content marketing division serves the needs of hospitals, medical schools, media outlets and other organizations that need quality healthcare content for native advertising campaigns or their own publications.

      The position pays between $30 to $40 an hour based on experience. Work could change based on demand, but the position is expected require about 60 to 70 hours a month of work.

      This position would be responsible for typical copy editing, such as grammar, punctuation and spelling (especially medical terms). But we also need someone who can make sure the copy flows well, follows AP style and adheres to any particular style rules of the client. It should also meet the needs of the purpose for which it was written. That means it should contain shorter paragraphs and bullets in some cases. In other cases, longer paragraphs would be suitable.

      Ideal candidates are comfortable editing for the Web (both blogs and static content); can work independently; take direction and easily integrate into a larger team; and have a background in healthcare (experience in pediatrics or oncology are major advantages).

      E-mail info@... with the subject line "MedCity Content Editor" with a resume and overview of your experience and why you are a great fit for this position.