freelance book editors

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16 11:35 AM
      Book Editing Associates needs experienced editors and proofreaders for the following categories:

      Jewish and Christian fiction and nonfiction, science topics for lay readers, science fiction, horror, romance, women's fiction, crime, mystery, finance, gay/lesbian, economics, new age, history, education, memoir, biography, creative nonfiction, juvenile/young adult, medical writing.

      REQUIRED:
      5 years of experience working with mainstream publishers
      5 books edited that were accepted by mainstream publishers

      Qualified applicants will receive:
      ==A 2-page proofreading test (objective/find the errors).
      ==A 2-page copyediting/developmental editing test.

      Editors work directly with clients and remain freelance but are, contractually, independent contractors for A+ English LLC. Our editors and proofreaders set their own rates. Most of our full-time editors earn $40,000 - $60,000 per year (2011 & 2012). Priority will be given to applicants who can offer our network 20+ hours per week.

      Requirements:
      • You must be 100% freelance.
      • 5+ years of experience and a track record of traditionally published (v. self-published) books that you have edited or proofread.
      • Ability to check e-mail several times each day (including once per day on weekends).
      • Consistent availability (This is a high-volume network. Do not apply if you are only looking for "fill in" work.)
      • English must be your first language.

      Send resume and book list to: Apply2013@....

      Book Editing Associates markets the services of USA-based professional book editors who have passed our various tests. Cumulative testing time does not exceed 1 hour.

      Book-Editing.com is a service for writers that:
      -- screens, tests, and monitors book editors, proofreaders, indexers, and publishing consultants;
      -- allows writers to locate and have direct contact with experienced book editing, proofreading, book indexing, and publishing professionals through one site; and,
      -- helps writers avoid self-appointed but untested "copy editors," "proofreaders," and other online pitfalls and scams that target writers.