Copy editor

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 19, 2013
      Join a team of dedicated, experienced journalists working in one of the most beautiful areas of the country.

      The award-winning Rapid City Journal (30,000 daily) is looking for an eager, hard-working copy editor who would like to join a 24/7 newsroom focused on compelling presentation, sharp editing, and delivering breaking news to our readers on multiple platforms. We will surround you with supportive, experienced editors who can offer you the guidance, opportunities and freedom to be your best at the state's second-largest newspaper.

      The ideal candidate will be a good copy editor with a keen eye for grammar and punctuation, a working knowledge of AP style and the ability to coordinate with our regional design center coordinate compelling design.

      We're located in the beautiful Black Hills (including Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse Memorial, Deadwood, the Sturgis motorcycle rally, and the Badlands), a gorgeous region with plenty to enjoy. Come be part of the state's no.1 newsroom and website which boasts a quality of life to match.

      We offer a competitive salary and our benefits, include a 401(k) plan, medical/dental, vision and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, vacation and sick leave, flexible spending account plan and more.

      Position involves working nights and some weekends. No phone calls please.
      Applications are accepted at www.rapidcityjournal.com/workhere .
      Message 2 of 3 , May 16, 2013
        The Lawrence Journal-World is hiring a copy editor to work with an award-winning team of editors, designers, photographers and reporters on the night copy desk.

        We are seeking a copy editor with a keen eye for errors of style and substance who can edit and lay out stories on deadline and write creative, engaging headlines. Each digital and print news article and feature story must be edited for accuracy, clarity, completeness, objectivity, grammar, spelling, organization, readability and style. Candidates must be proficient in the Mac OS environment. Experience with InCopy and InDesign is strongly preferred; strong design skills, knowledge of AP style and experience posting stories to a content management system are essential. Candidates must be team-oriented and have at least one year of print and/or online copy editing experience. Experience editing video and audio is helpful. Must be available to work nights and weekends.

        We offer a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401k, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more! Background check and pre-employment drug screen required. To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to hrapplications@.... EOE