Omaha World-Herald

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2013
      The Omaha World-Herald, home to multiple SND and ACES award winners, is looking to add to its collection of talented journalists on its News and Presentation Desk. The ideal candidate has command of copy editing, headline writing and design skills, a passion for the news business and a willingness to be part of a busy team that serves a large print and online audience.

      To meet minimum requirements, the candidate needs to be proficient in InDesign (with InCopy experience a plus), have a bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field and have at least two years of daily newspaper experience.

      Why you should work for us: The Omaha World-Herald is the flagship paper of Berkshire Hathaway's national newspaper chain. Our headline writing is consistently recognized in the national ACES competition, and we are an annual leader among U.S. papers in SND awards. Our 22 SND awards this year ranked sixth in the world.

      Omaha offers something for everyone. The Daily Beast named Omaha the No. 2 City for Recent Grads. We're home to a vibrant, aggressive network of young professionals and known nationally for our indie music scene. Have children? Kiplinger picked Omaha as No. 1 on its list of the Top 10 Great Cities to Raise Your Kids.

      Contact:

      Joanne Stewart
      Assistant Managing Editor
      joanne.stewart@...<joanne.stewart@...>; 402-444-1101