Copy editor, educational videos

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2013
      Copy Editor - Educational Videos
      Entry Level

      Franklin University is seeking an entry level copy editor to join our creative team. We are looking for someone to assist with the production of videos for use on the web. This position will ensure that all video content is consistent with the Franklin University voice, has accurate information and is free of grammatical errors and typos. The copy editor will meet with professors to determine copy needs and to make sure messages are clearly communicated in the script for the video.

      This person should have the ability to work effectively within diverse groups and disciplines. An understanding of Web writing and editing, and strong organizational skills are desirable. Candidates must have great interpersonal skills to aid in directing the writers.

      If you are a friendly, self-motivated person who wants to create educational videos for students, then we are looking for you!

      Skills and Qualifications

      · - Edit content for grammar, spelling, usage and style
      · - Provide feedback to writers on editorial changes and information management
      · - Work closely with the Interactive Design team to ensure that the editorial needs for each video are met in time to adhere to production schedules.
      · - Able to work under tight deadlines and pressure, maintaining a professional demeanor
      · - Bachelor of Arts in English or related area of expertise

      This is a six month contract job with possibility of another six month renewal. You are required to be on site forty hours a week at Franklin University in Columbus Ohio.

      Please email your resume to birmingb@...