Web content development

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1 7:56 AM
      Web Publishing Position at McMaster-Carr (Elmhurst, Illinois)

      McMaster-Carr, an industrial supply company that's been around for more than 100 years, is looking to add smart, talented individuals to our web content development team. In this role, you'll research a wide variety of industrial products, design new ways of integrating and presenting information about these items, research customer website behavior, create web layouts that help customers find product intuitively, present and defend your ideas to all levels of management, implement your plan, and test its functionality. Want to see a little of what we're talking about? Go to our site, http://www.mcmaster.com/ and type "electrical enclosures" in the search box.

      This position emphasizes structuring and presenting product information to promote efficient navigation and informed product selection for our customers. To be successful in this role, you'll need an insatiable desire to learn new things, an aptitude for understanding and translating technical information about the products we sell into content suitable for the lay-person, a good sense of aesthetics and internet design principles, strong attention to detail, and an ability to multitask within a tight production schedule.

      We're not looking for software programmers or Flash animators. We're looking for smart people with a knack for communication, both visual and written. We're looking for someone with a unique way of thinking, a person who can look at a product, decompose its features and communicate to others the most meaningful aspects of what they see. You don't need to know anything about industrial products (you'll learn all you need to know on the job). You just need to know how to research, think creatively, and design with our customers' needs in mind.

      Sound interesting? We offer a competitive starting salary, plus a comprehensive benefits package, including:

      -Profit Sharing
      -Full medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
      -Retirement plan
      -100% tuition reimbursement

      If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a PDF or MS Word copy of your resume to elm.recruiting@... .

      McMaster-Carr is an equal opportunity employer.