Copy Editor/Page Designer Needed ASAP

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2013
      The Monitor has an immediate opening for a skilled copy editor/page designer who can produce clean, well-designed, well-edited pages for our 40,000-daily and 50,000-Sunday circulation newspaper.

      The ideal candidate knows -- or is willing to quickly learn -- InDesign, has a strong command of the AP stylebook, has the ability to quickly and accurately edit copy and craft strong headlines and can meet all daily design deadlines. You should be comfortable and happiest when working in a team environment and be able to get creative with design when the need arises. A candidate with strong word and design skills will rise quickly.

      Although we prefer job candidates with one to two years of experience, recent graduates -- particularly those with internships -- are welcome to apply.

      The Monitor is in McAllen, Texas, which for the past decade has been one of the nation's five fasted growing areas. We offer an excellent work environment in our modern building and a challenging job in one of the most active news areas of the nation. Our new owner, AIM Media Texas, is a new company headed by highly experienced newspaper executives who are committed to the futures of their newspapers.

      We are looking to fill this position immediately. So, if you think you have what it takes to meet our needs, please rush your resume and work samples to Copy Desk Chief Tamara Cupples. You can email your materials to her at tcupples@..., or send them to her at The Monitor, 1400 E. Nolana Loop, McAllen, Texas 78504. If you have any questions, you can telephone her at 956-683-4449. We are an Equal Opportunity employer.