News Tribune, Tacoma

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2013
      The News Tribune in Tacoma, Wash. is seeking a versatile, experienced copy editor to join our newsroom.

      This position is responsible for line editing of news and sports content for two daily publications on nights and weekends.

      Applicants must display good news and sports judgment, with a background in newspaper editing, headline writing and strong language skills. They must also have a command of AP style, an aptitude for writing engaging headlines and a strong attention to detail. They must be comfortable editing on deadline with a tight turnaround of two publications. Knowledge of how to use Adobe InCopy is a plus. We currently use the Hermes pagination system.

      We are looking for candidates who are passionate about local news and sports. We want them to be excited about giving the readers the most comprehensive copy from our staff and the wires with a discerning eye geared toward the written word.

      Please respond by Jan. 31, 2013.

      Contact: Liz Wishaw, The News Tribune 1950 South State Street Tacoma, WA 98405 253-597-8516 liz.wishaw@...